Sunday, May 20, 2018

Interview

I have at least 25 calls in week days for jobs by hunters. I usually refrain them asking few question and letting them know my hourly rate and preference for remote work and on-site must be expense paid. One of 25 cross my defense.
I apply and share my resume.
I have about 3 interviews in a week. Global service companies. They talk to me many times. When they do, I know nothing would materialize. Some times it is about seven calls and after that they stop. I do not know the reason.
The other day, it was from TCS. I am very defensive against this company. The person talked to me for two hours. He bent on asking interview questions. It started with commands and then features. I repeated told him, i work with 40 different technologies and I am technology agnostic. Current technologies are too many and they are very cheap. I just look up what they can do. I keep them on my notes and note in my head. He stopped after 2 hours. Saying I am theoretical. Whatever is his conclusion it is OK. Now I start with that answer. Please don't quiz me since my experience is in my notes and books. I have no answer in my head.
I remember about 20 years back I was called by one US company in India. I carried some documents about my software that I recently made. The head wished to copy the same. I did not object. It id the way the patent free of cost whether they develop or not. Apple sued for $1billion from Samsung for infringing their patent of shape of their iphone cover. I went through their patent and wondered how could they be even brought to the court. Samsung lawyer asked if iphone is sold for shape or the contents within the cover. In fact beyond the cover every component within iphone is developed by somebody else. Who can argue with given the premise - usa.
I am digressing.
My most interesting encounter was with the second man in the command. He is a project manager. Much older than his head. He started with my faults. Why I am not employed. My previous company is a very good company. I told him that they broke the basic premise of employer employee relationship. They halved my salary. He gave me surmon it must be your fault. I told him that I shall remember this. He asked me what I shall remember. I repeated - it is my fault that I left xyz company when my salary was halved without informing me. My interview ended.
In my last job the agreement was modified by me that either of us can terminate our relationship without assigning any reason. But must pay for every hours of engagement. i came to know my disengagement on a working day afternoon by phone saying that it ended in a previous week. Nothing much is lost since I was working remote and I have not given them the works i did that day.
All relationship ends without prior notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment